Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wear a DRESS Everyday in June: Dresses 1 & 2

I got invited to "wear a dress everyday in june" through facebook. I wasn't going to do it but had a sudden, May 31st change of heart.

It's not a fundraiser or anything and since I rarely leave the house, no one will see my dresses (except here online). The only reason to do it is for my own entertainment really...

I have a silly amount of clothes for someone who works from home. Maybe this will help me sort out what needs to go away permanently.


Dress #1:

This was basically a MooMoo that I tailored a little bit and then put a belt on. I LOVE the fabric and the pattern. I would still like to alter the neckline but haven't had time yet.

It turns out a dress like this is very comfortable during the hot, humid weather we had yesterday.


Dress #2:

This is a handmade house dress. Not made by me. Probably from the 70s? It's got convenient pockets and practical pleats. Very utilitarian. Not very flattering... but for some reason I like it anyway.

I added the horse head pin because that seam around the neck won't stay put.

Today it got cold again so I had to layer-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment