Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dress # 7

Day 7 Dress:
American Eagle via thrift store.

This one is cute in a nautical way - though it is far shorter than I feel OK about wearing without leggings (which is still MUCH longer than what the younger gals wears these days) - so that makes it sort of impossible for me to wear this outside on a hot summer as it is intended to be worn...

It is nice for working inside though. Has pockets - a practical feature I love.

Managed to get my favourite rose-etched mirror into this shot. I'm not adverse to showing my face, but having a rose-face is cool too.



The bow on the back of this dress is sorta what made me buy it...

I'm always attracted to fancy details on clothing but then they almost always make me feel too conspicuous when I wear the thing in public.

I'm always torn between being totally outlandish in my dress and being extrememly plain (like devising a simple, understated-but-well-tailored uniform that I could wear every single day. Inevitably I end up somewhere in a messy, undecided middle ground... I need to get this sorted out... I'm leaning towards plain so that I can spend more time on other pursuits.

Anyway, here's that bow.


So far, by going through my clothes in this manner, I've gotten rid of (sent to thrift store) one pair of capri leggings and two pairs of old flip-flops . I might doff yesterday's and today's dresses too...

It's hard getting rid of things you still like... but I can't see wearing some of this stuff very often if it takes a month of dedicated dress-wearing to actually wear them... someone else could probably get more use out of them.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment