Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DIY bike rack

I think the bike rack that my Husbo created deserves a little more attention than I gave it previously because it's such a clever space-saver and he made it with only some scrap wood we had in the apartment and two cheap screwdrivers (to hold the bikes in place).

You can do it too!

The best part is, since the bike's weight is still on the floor, you don't need to worry about using heavy-duty wall mounting stuff.

For my part, I painted it white and added the hooks for hanging lights and reflectors and such.

Our building's bike room is currently chockablock and it has this weird door situation: two doors back to back that open in opposite directions. Both require unlocking and both are spring-loaded. The whole thing is terribly awkward so we've opted to keep our bikes in the apartment for now.

The other bike is absent from this picture but the rack does hold two bikes.



We hung a map of our new city right beside the bike rack so we know how to get where we're going.


(I found the skates in the basement-giveaway-spot. Just my size!! I'm super excited to try them out on the canal next winter!!!)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment