Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dress 9 - The Dress Quest is Dead

Well, I made it to Dress Day #9 (which was actually Thursday past but I've been too otherwise-occupied to write here since then).

I started a temporary job (I'm a "casual" Fed for the next couple weeks) that involves being in a Scientific Laboratory. It requires biking to work and having to wear pants and shoes in the lab - so the dress-up is dead. I was growing a little bored with it anyway, truth be told.

The job is a fun one: cleaning up Husbo's new lab space which was previously occupied by another scientist for 30-odd years... and he was a bit of a pack rat!

This might not seem fun to very many people but it is almost heaven for me: old government furniture and surplus, old science manuals/gadgets, and the paraphernalia of a stranger's working life just sitting there to sift through - and getting paid for it!

I enjoy cleaning up and organizing really messy spaces. I find it very satisfying and it's something I'm good at.

So, that's the update on that.

This last dress wasn't even a dress but a skirt and long shirt. I'm mostly posting it because I took some adorable/stupid pictures of my stupid/adorable cat at the same time.

He and this rug really tie the room together. He loves that rug.











2 comments:

  1. I love when their teeth hang out. Nice BL reference. Oooh, old lab stuff! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. we love that movie, you and me (and a billion other people too i guess).

    pink's fang ALWAYS hang out - which is awesomely cute. he's just built that way.

    ReplyDelete