Friday, September 16, 2011

thanks-giving and blood-letting

Today I present two very different "thank you cards" drawn over the past two days.

On Wednesday night, in preparation for a tattoo appointment, I made this one (framed with some neat, black masking tape I found at the art store recently):


It is taken from this flash in Vintage Tattoos. The caption just says, "from Lyle Tuttle's collection"... so I don't know exactly who painted the original... maybe Lyle?

I adapted it a bit so there is a bee in the design because the tattoo involves a bee.


Then I did this one last night. To thank a co-worker of my Husbo who had us over for dinner.

(When did I start using "Husbo" to indicate my husband? I don't know the answer but I guess it's better than "domestic partner" or "man-servant"...)

Anyway, I had to take a few stabs at it. I coulda/shoulda taken a few more to get the loose/whimsical thing just perfect... but I had to draw the line and go to bed. (Pardon the pun.)


On a different and much grosser note, I am experiencing "second skin" as a tattoo bandage for the first time. This is some of my blood and plasma. Packaged Meat!


And here's some of my blood and plasma which squirted out right on the blood drops of the sketch of that first card - while I was sketching the second card... Weird eh?


3 comments:

  1. When I got my big cat in a boot tattoo I was shocked by the amount of gore that built up under the plastic wrap. Yeck! Looking forward to seeing your new ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new work! yes, what meegiemoo said - pictures!

    ReplyDelete