Tuesday, September 6, 2011

collection day - coins

Carrying on from where the last post left off...

What's in this kissy-face box you ask?

Why coins of course!


I'm a natural-born collector. I don't really plan to start collections and I'm not too particular. I don't collect for "investment" or to get money out of an object. I just enjoy gathering pretty things around me. Husbo says I'm a "hunter-gather"... (Hmmm... is that a subtle way of saying I'm less evolved?)

Coins are good because they are small but also beautiful. Easy to have around.

This is a coin collection that I didn't even realize I had until yesterday because I'd never gathered them all in one place.


Some are actually tokens from cities I've visited: subways and skeeball and squished pennies. One of these is a German pfenning (sp?) that I squished on the streetcar tracks back when I was a little bad-ass in Heidelberg.


A Canadian Victory Nickle. Weird to see a different monarch on the money.


Canadian Olympic hockey quarters (they all got gold!!!)


Pennies from my Dad's and my own birth years.


...and my favourite of the whole bunch. A one Rupee coin from India. I've never been there - my sister-in-law gave me this.

I had no idea they were so into The Fonz there... (kidding! Aaaaaaayyyyy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment