Tuesday, September 6, 2011

current sideboard

The sideboard in my house is meant as a show n' tell spot where I display things temporarily. I mean to take pictures of all the seasons of the sideboard but actually I miss a lot of them.

Husbo says it's like "shifting sands", always changing (I'm not sure if that bothers him but he doesn't complain so I guess he's OK with it...)

Anyway, this is the current state.

The "Ask" has moved over here to make room on the other wall for other art. I also found some wood in the basement and cut a "B" out to make it "Bask" - a fine sentiment for a living room I think.

My Dad (and his awesome collection of tools) is back in my employ after a 15 year hiatus from having to deal with my creative schemes. It's nice living in the same town as him again (and it saves me a lot on power tools).


Peek-a-boo-Peru.
(I got this nice woven rug in Peru but can't really use it on the floor due to the destructo-cats.)


I have been to Florida but this is someone else's souvenir that I got at a thrift store. The bigger vertebrate are from a loon I think.


I rarely have need to stop a door but I couldn't resist this door-stopper. I like its shape. It looks like a mole or an ant-eater or something.


The contents of the blue, Lion bowl that my sister gave me many years ago. The acorn is from a beautiful day in Bala last summer.


The Folk-Art-Kissing-Couple made it back out of the storage drawer. I missed them.

The mini Navajo Rug is a thrifted item that is covering up a stupid, unfortunate water stain.


The Kissers contain a little coin collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment