Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm a Homersexual

"Girls, what talented singer wanders between you, the sweetest of them all, that makes you more gay?"

Are you turned on by the epic poetry of ancient Greece? If so, you might be Homersexual* too.


OK. That silly interlude was just a catchy hook to introduce this little bit of craftiness I did yesterday while my building's hydro was out ALL DAY**.

My bust of blind, old Homer, with all his sexy hair, was pretty beat up - so I refreshed it with some funky spray paint. See before and after below.

Homer is the guardian of my radio mainly because there are super-annoying lights that flash behind where he is positioned and I can't tolerate them (or turn them off).

I found this stereo in the basement (free) and it serves its function (plays CBC) well but it's rather ugly. I'm thinking of deconstructing it and putting the remains into a smaller wooden casing with only an On/Off button and volume control. Nice and minimal.

But that's a project for another day... for now super-pink-homer will continue to stand guard because he cuts a fine figure and represents greatness.


Homie also fits well into this bell-jar I just got. Maybe if I ever do the stereo project, I'll move Homer in here permanently with a funny speech bubble or something.... we'll see...



* Just in case any family is reading this... I'm NOT referring to my brother-in-law who is also also named "Homer".

late edit: I just goggled "homersexual" and was surprised to find many other definitions for it via Urban Dictionary. hahaha!


** The power outage was a planned maintenance outage but it went 2 hours longer than anticipated. Oh boy was I getting antsy by the time the power came back on! When I could start using beautiful, yummy electricity again I realized I'm also hydrosexual. I like electricity A LOT!! It's really very awesome.


..

No comments:

Post a Comment