Monday, August 22, 2011

No Quilt is Complete Without a Beer-Drinking Tiger

What follows are pictures of the patchwork quilt I finished yesterday in the delirium of head cold.

I actually made the top of this quilt and put it all together about 2 years ago - I've even used it from time to time - but I never finished top-stitching it. This is because I planned to do it by hand (before I knew how time-consuming that would be... it is King-Sized!)

Well, that wasn't happening and since I have this super-fast, industrial Juki sewing machine now, I decided yesterday it was time to blast this project off the To-Do List.

ALL the patchwork is old material I already had: old shirts (mostly the husband's) and pajamas, old bed sheets and some vintage material I had collected over the years. The bottom and inside are flannel sheets from Value Village.

So here it is:

It's intended as a summer quilt - quite thin, no stuffing.


But it is BIG!!
It is thin but vast...

This is the back.

Here you can see a few of the hand-stitched lines done before I went crazy with the machine.


The "Aloha" was from one of my nephew's shirts which he wore to my wedding.


The Superheros are from old bed sheets that first belonged to my brother and then to me. They are from 1978 (a good year!) and have been put to several different uses over the years - but I'm getting to the very last remnants of them now.



I like you!

No quilt is complete without a beer-drinking tiger.


I was thinking about the ocean when I made this section of blue.

Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment