Monday, August 8, 2011

hold the fleas please

"Flea market" has got to be the worst name for a second-hand-sale... no one wants fleas.

Hopefully my new NON-Hudson-Bay-Blanket doesn't have any...

It's got the classic colour scheme but was made for Eatons - so it only cost 15 bucks at an antique store (in an upscale, Toronto neighbourhood to boot!!)

That's pretty darn cheap for a queen-sized 100% wool blanket without a single hole or stain!


I got a neat old medicine cabinet to hang above my sewing machine. It was still in the original box.


And here's what the sideboard looks like these days. I missed taking pictures of several in-between variations but the biggest change is that I got rid of the lamp. It was a useless place for a lamp (no chairs nearby that needed reading light). We never turned it on - so it has gone to another good home.

I brought the paint-by-number-horses out of the stable.


The fun, new additions to the sideboard are this old tray with sparrows, an old toy horse and a beautiful Amethyst crystal (my birthstone) - all obtained for only $8!

No comments:

Post a Comment