Tuesday, July 26, 2011

one more frame

I framed one other thing...

Husband had this very ugly door-to-nowhere in his new office (actually, it goes into the next office but is permanently closed and has insulation shoved behind it). He was able to ignore but I could not abide with it when I visited so I extended my compulsion to decorate beyond the borders of my own apartment and spilled over into the government's territory.


This project is literally 100% remixed from trash and stuff around the house. It's not perfect but considering it cost zero dollars it's pretty good I think...

The map is from an old (but not antique) Reader's Digest Atlas I had (which was already falling apart). Since The Husband researches issues surrounding livestock waste, it is also thematic!


The large frame came from the secret give-away/trash spot in the basement of my building. The only problem is that it doesn't have glass so I'm worried about how well the framed contents will hold up... but for the price of free it'll cover the ugly pink insulation well enough - at least for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment