Monday, July 25, 2011

framing frenzy

I mashed up some random frames, old posters and new mats to get some new stuff to hang on the walls.

Started with this frame:


(which housed this print of "Peasant Wedding Procession" by Peiter Brueghel The Younger, a.k.a "Hell Brueghel")


And this frame (the sultry lady came with the used frame.)


I put a print from Hatch Show Prints in the wooden frame. I've had this for about 8 years, a misprinted souvenir from my visit there.


Oh. I also redid my previous take on this letter-pressed poem. The last version was too.... "something-ish"... Now it's more... "something-else-ish"



Breughels' Peasant wedding was cropped and edited.
I now call it, "A boy, a dog, and his codpiece walking in Holland".

(It's worth knowing more about codpieces by the way. Click here.)

I felt slightly weird about editing the old master's work but I didn't like the glumness of the sulking bridegroom being forced to his wedding. Not a fun sentiment for in the house... and it's only a print anyways... and Brueghel is a long-time dead.

Sorry, the pictures aren't the greatest but you get the idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment