Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the great glebe garage sale

For those not in Ottawa, "The Glebe" is a neighbourhood in Ottawa and it is where I live - though I'm not a rich hippy/yuppie (the stereotype of the neighbourhood (which holds some truth)).

Last weekend the whole neighbourhood held a garage sale and of course I had to go. I didn't find much though. Here are the highlights:


* A funny sign of the times


* I bought these nearly new Addidas. They are "statement shoes" for sure though I'm not sure I speak their language... we'll see how the relationship works out.


* Eureka moment! I didn't buy this giant plastic light bulb but a nice lady did volunteer to hold it up over my head for this photo.


* Deal of the Day - Frye Boots. These don't actually fit me, I just couldn't resist them - so I bought them with a small friend in mind.


* Favourite purchase of the day - "The Therapeutic Uses of Adhesive Tape" (published by Johnson & Johnson in 1958). It has nice illustrations.


* Now I know how to bandage my middle finger when I've used it too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment