Friday, May 27, 2011

blogging and game-7 watching

It is rare, but I do sometimes leave my nest - usually with my partner in crime (not tonight though... tonight I stayed in to watch hockey - my team's not playing but it's a Game 7...)

Last weekend though a friend and avid camper convinced us to head out in canoes through Algonquin Park... and I don't regret that we did.


* I got to steer the canoe - which is harder than I thought... I think our canoe doubled the distance of the others.



* Algonquin Mug Shots: these orange posters mark the designated camping areas in the park. The hunt for the perfect spot is part of the fun.


* The Brothers who led the way into the woods. Appropriately, their last name is "Wood".


* Quintessential Pine


* My favourite part: reading on my rock overlooking calm water... also cookies and "Frontier Coffee"

(Recipe: Strong Coffee, Bulliet "Frontier" Bourbon, Cream)


* Reading Moby Dick is my personal white whale... there are some long stretches but the nuggets of goodness are well worth it.

("... with half a heart and half a lung...")


* And lastly, my bounty - a loon skull and some vertebrae. I found these whilst peeing behind a tree. TMI?

No comments:

Post a Comment