Friday, May 27, 2011

Daniel Romano

Now that I'm settled into the new place I'm trying to sort through a bunch of older pictures.

Here's a few unintentionally hipstamatic/instagrammy shots (taken with my regular point-n-clicker) of Daniel Romano playing at the Raw Sugar Cafe. And let's not forget to mention his lovely "Trilliums" - although we could hardly see them due to the strange stage situation. It's a lovely place but not really suitable for a 6-person band.

(I have nothing against those cool camera apps by the way. I think they make everything look special. But... they can be a bit overdone... or maybe somehow "inauthentic"? ... I don't always know how I feel about high-fi things being intentionally low-fied... Sometimes I like it. Sometimes it bugs me. But in reality, I have no strong opinions on this so I don't know why I'm belabouring it.)

Anyway, I like it when my little digi camera accidentally does weird things in low light...





Daniel Romano and Misha Bower's voices sound great together. Incidentally, I think they are married...

This video of them singing together is uber-sweet starting at exactly the 2:24 minute mark:


I should really learn how to embed a video...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment