Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the life report weekly

i don't know what it was about last night but i felt like i got some great drawing done! maybe it was a bit of valentines voodoo, maybe my very bad headache put pressure on some part of my brain and lessened my inhibition, maybe something about the feral-child-look of the model resonated with me... i dunno but it was good magic!

so first we do our stretches, don't forget to breath (1 minute gestures):


then we let our backbones slide (5 minutes):


if you aren't falling down, you're not trying hard enough (10 minutes):


take time to reflect (15 minutes?):


or take a nap (15 minutes):


now get your mojo rising again (20 minutes):


and face the situation head-on (40 minutes but this was a second attempt... so maybe 30?):



i was happy enough with this one (also, it is on nice paper) to hang it up in the house for a bit. ..

the model had dark hair and was resting his head on a black cushion. if i had more time i would have made the blacks really deep and rich and saturated... but i'm too lazy to go back into it now and i don't want to make that kind of mess in my apartment.. it would look like a coal mine afterwards!


1 comment:

  1. "I don't have a valentine this year, but I do have life drawing class, so atleast one of us will be naked"

    this is the joke I felt was too inapropriate to say in class.

    ReplyDelete