Tuesday, February 8, 2011

still life-drawing

Just another Life-Drawing-Night-Update. We know the drill right? On Monday nights I go to the local art school, unlock the door, make coffee, and set out cookies. Then I get to draw for 3 hours with all the good people who paid for this privalege. Afterwards I turn out the lights, set the alarm, lock up, and go home. The next day I post some of pictures on here. I only post the ones I like or at least have some interesting little bits in them. That's my prerogative and I'm sticking to it. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I'm glad I've been taking pictures and posting these here because it turns out I'm going to be moving soon - chances are to a smaller apartment. I won't be taking these reams of papers and charcoal with me so this has become my little archive.

By the way, if you want a distorted human drawn on newsprint that will turn yellow in a few months and will shed charcoal dust on your floor, I'm your lady! Holla' at me.

So, on with the show...

2 minute gesture:


5 minutes (I think... I should start writing down the length of the poses...):


15 mintues (again, I think):


15 minutes:


20 minutes (this one is my fav of the night):


40 minutes (this one was hard to photograph... it's nicer in person but even so I'm not crazy about it... I lose my looseness when I have more time... also, i cropped her legs off a bit because they were so unfinished that it looked really bad...):


No comments:

Post a Comment