Tuesday, January 4, 2011

play-time

Today when I should have been working on sketches, I played with an old calligraphy set instead. I like to call it "skill-building" as opposed to "time-wasting".

I never did much calligraphy as a youngin' and haven't done any at all for about a decade but for whatever reason I've always had the tools around... time to learn how to use them!

The quote is from a drawing/animation book I've been reading by this old Disney animator called Walt Stanchfield.


Also today, I went downstairs to throw some junk away and came back upstairs with some other, different junk. I'm not sure what I'll do with these yet (maybe something on the backs?) but I'll just horse around and see what happens...



The reader (namely my husband) will be pleased to know that there was other tempting junk but I resisted taking the whole pile. Those plaqued family portraits from the 60s did beckon but I kept my wits about me!

Lastly, a reminder to myself that no handmade lines are ever perfect and also to remember/share how freakin' cool Margaret Kilgallen was, a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment