Tuesday, January 25, 2011

for the love of fat

Here are some things we cooked and ate this weekend... building up fat stores to survive the rest of the winter:

Slow-roasted pork shoulder and a little rib roast right out of the oven.

The secret ingredient was supposed to be root beer but I used Dr. Pepper instead because Husband loves Dr. P. (I hate to drink it but it is nice in recipes... I've also made Dr. Pepper cupcakes and they were super-good!)


And here it is ripped to shreds, converted into a big pan of Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork to feed five big, hungry adults:


And Husband decided to try his hand at donuts. Turns out he has good hands for baking. Lucky me!


In other news, I got these shit-kickers for ONE DOLLAR at the St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. They fit perfectly but the leather is pretty dried out.


2 comments: