Saturday, January 15, 2011

caged bird



This is the cover of an old book - I liked the embossed image.

All the volunteers at the thrift store I got it from are old Dutch people (except for one young Scottish anomaly) so when I bought it the older woman at the cash told me that Gekooide Vogels means "caged birds". Also, it was apparently written by a prison minister. The author's last name was Coolsma. What a cool name eh?

I think I might paint around the edges at some point...

***

Below is an update photo of the avocado I'm trying to grow. In the daytime it sticks it leaves straight out (left) and just before sundown it curls it's leaves under (right).



(As a reminder, this is where it started from a few months ago... I only kept the taller of the two going.)




No comments:

Post a Comment