Friday, January 7, 2011

on the horn with london

Totally out of the blue this morning an old friend skyped me from jolly ol' England - where she now resides. I was a little nervous when she first texted that she was going to call. We haven't talked in about 12(?) years, wouldn't it be horribly awkward?

But I was reassured from her very first giggle that it would be cool. Despite the "trans-atlantic" (as she calls it) accent she's developed she still laughs the same: a lot, infectiously, at the same stupid things I say, etc. We talked for an hour and it was really great. Our lives have progressed in alarmingly similar ways even though our careers and continents are so different.

She still inspires and challenges me. I'm still a little in awe of her - as I always was.

She felt bad that she was keeping me from work so I'm posting this doodle I did while we talked so she knows my hands were still busy.

This is a little boxer by the legendary "Stoney" from a Taschen book I have. I'll probably finish him on better paper, in ink, later on but for now I really DO have to get to work...


No comments:

Post a Comment