Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life Drawing - Some Results

I always admire the people in drawing classes who can make those beautiful, classical drawings that look like the stuff you see in drawing books - correct proportions, foreshortening, subtly in the shading, etc. (in my experience animators can always draw that way). My drawings never look like that but I'm learning (or trying) to accept them and my heavy-handedness.

It's a good thing that they don't look like the same as other people's drawings actually... but it's frustrating that they don't come out how I intend for them to look. I wish that I drew the way I do despite being able to do the "traditionally good" thing... but as it is, I just draw this way and I can't make it look any other way.

Here are my favourites from the last few weeks of Life Drawing. You can click on them to make them bigga'!

Session 2: Extremely Receeded Head on Yellow


Session 3: The Charcoal Man

There was some extreme lighting going on in the room this night. When I look at this weeks later, I think it actually looks like the model... at least to me.)


Sessions 4: Where I Ran Out of Newsprint and Tried Out Watercolour for the First Time

(When we started the pose below/left I was all excited about doing a facial close-up with the cool lighting and angles. Unfortunately the model fell asleep and by the end of the pose she was actually facing down and to the right... so I didn't get too far with that! haha!)



1 comment:

  1. The breasts are beautiful on 'Extremely Receded Head on Yellow.' I would like to pose for you one day!

    ReplyDelete