Tuesday, June 29, 2010

anniversary round-up

Yesterday marked 7 years of being married to a dude who is just awesome. No itches here! "7 year itch"... bah! If anything, it just gets better.

I haven't been very creative in the 2 dimensional realm of late but I wanted to waste time doing a blog post - I'm procrastinating from learning about the new HST tax rules - so here are some pictures of my kingdom during the last few days...


Holding feet:


I recently saw heart-shaped waffles in my friend's pictures of Norway and I instantly wished some Scandinavian would import heart-shaped-waffle-makers to Canada. Apparently someone already did! I went to the thrift store on my anniversary-day and what did I find?!?! See below! What luck!


So I made savory, cornmeal waffles for dinner and topped them with a creamy red-wine/mushroom sauce for syrup... and chicken instead of bacon. I like how the heart-shaped indicator light glows when the waffle iron is plugged in.

Below is a picture I already posted on my "farm-blog" but I really like it. That's the husband in behind the tomato.


In another twist-of-good-fortune, there was wet sidewalk pavement right outside our building when I got home from the grocery/thrift-store trip. I took advantage but it was already pretty dry so I could only manage "R + A" and not our full initials with a cheesy heart.

Sadly, when I went to look at it at the end of the day the workers had come back and scuffed it out (plus a few others). Kill joys!



I have to mention the other cool thrifty items I got.

A Stephen Leacock tea cup. He was a famous Canadian humourist, which is why I picked it up. I found out when I goggled him at home that his was also a bit of an conservative jerk that didn't believe women should vote. Oh well. Still a cool-looking tea cup and now I will just take pleasure in getting my spit on his face when I drink tea from him...


A $5 portfolio! It's in really good shape. Looks like it was never used. Most of my artwork is small and I don't have to carry it around very often but this will still be handy for storing stuff in!

And how did Husband and I spend the rest of the evening? After eating our heart-shaped dinner we broke into a new TV show, "Community". It is REALLY funny! I don't know how I missed it until now! I love this Abbed character:


Oh, I think I've kicked the friendship-bracelet-bug. Back to making other stuff:


No comments:

Post a Comment