Thursday, January 12, 2012

Norm!!

Remember in that show Cheers how everyone yelled Norm's name when he entered the bar? I always wanted to be like that - but without having to be a fat bar-fly...

Oh boy. I haven't even started and already I digress... 

This coming Saturday (Jan. 14th) would be the 101st birthday of Norm Collins (a.k.a. Sailor Jerry) if he had lived so long. So today I painted a sailor-gal based on a tattoo of his... well... part of a tattoo of his. 

I feel really out-of-practice since the holiday season (when I did nothing but visit relatives and eat). The FW Inks are giving me troubles. This feels way too messy... but at least today I completed something (I've had a bunch of false starts lately).

Anyway, I really liked the red-background-curly-cue-thing... how it rotates around the face.



Here she is before colour.


In a frame I have kicking around, waiting for the right image to compliment the anchor (which is cut out of the mat)... this is not the right image but I thought I'd check... just in case it was...


With the picture I took her from (in Sailor Jerry Collins - American Tattoo Master)


Below is one of my "false starts". Too many blobby lines to continue with it. Shouldn't have used that rusty, old nib! I'll try doing some pretty flowers again soon though as I haven't done too many flowers yet... and they are pretty...


Well, there she is, "in the can" so to speak... with apologies and birthday greetings to the late, great, (horribly right-wing but we'll let it pass) Sailor Jerry! 


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. If you can find them in Ottawa you should try Pebeo's ColourEX inks. They're the preferred choice of a few tattoo artists I know when they're creating their flash sheets.
    Oh and I really like this.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete