Thursday, March 10, 2011

secret treasure part 3

I didn't forget those tables. I'll get back to them.

But first, I DID make a purchase in the secret-basement-antique-store! And so did my niece who came to visit the next day!


She got this terrific, chrome, kitchen-staples container. I've never really seen something like this and was a little jealous that she noticed it. I kept walking past it thinking it was a just breadbox (it was on it's side, facing a wall).



For my part, remember that Harmonium (small pump organ) Super was playing? I picked that up for ten bucks! Super had gotten for $7 he said, from a garage sale.


I love that it's from the whore house... I mean, Lahore House... of music...


It's really pretty and all the keys work!



And when you're done jamming, it all packs into a tidy little box!

It fits in well with the other miniature instruments we have: ukuleles, kazoos, and a toy glockenspiel. We've got a pretty awesome mini-orchestra for two non-musicians!

Super also threw this freebie in. A small folk art box with a couple on it. When you open the lid of the box the couple french-kisses. Dirty birds!


And lastly, in the course of all this action, I got those two tables painted up and looking good enough to take along when we move.

(They were both going to be blue originally but after priming I realized that I wouldn't have enough blue paint... luckily I happened to have a bunch of yellow in my back pocket. They will look nice and cheery out in the balcony garden I think!)

Super kind of feels like the Grandpa I never knew. Such a fun dude to hang out with and it was really nice of him to let me invade his workshop. I'm pretty sure there is not a cooler super out there.

I gave him a bunch of naked-lady-drawings* for the trouble...

(*I've been finding homes for some of my nicer life-drawings. I don't want to move them all. The rest will get chucked.)

* * * * * *

Just in case you didn't read Part 1 of this story, this is what the tables used to look like:





The END

...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the trip, awesome.
    "Who has more fun than people"
    (borrowed from Jeff)
    beerta

    ReplyDelete