Monday, February 15, 2010

yesterday's news - part 1

It was Valentine's Day yesterday. I made a heart painting for my love.

It's a day I enjoy. I like "love" and think it should be spread about - not just between couples - all over the place. Smear it on thick I say!

Here's a picture that proves I'm all heart:


And here's a close-up:


I don't paint much but this project was very enjoyable...perhaps because I thought of it more as making a "decoration" than a "Painting". Also, I was making it as a gift for the Husband and knew it would most likely end up in my own bedroom... so all the performance pressure was off. (AND, since I didn't feel the need to be uber-original, I could go ahead and use the over-used facet-motif!!)

V-Day, or "V.D." as I call it, happens to be the anniversary of the first time I hooked up with said husband. This year marks A DECADE! So something special, like "art", had to be done...

Lastly, here are some in situ shots that show how matchy-matchy it is with the other things in our bedroom. I find it nearly impossible not to coordinate - this is why I will never be confused for a "hipster" no matter how hard I try.... that and my age, my clean hair and, ironically, my ample hips...



No comments:

Post a Comment