Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Raymond's Street


My new street in my new town is named after a Victorian Biznit-Man. I say "biznit" because it seems more rockstar-ish than "business". He, Charles "Chas" Raymond, manufactured sewing machines - so I already had a soft spot for him before I noticed his dignified nose-profile. He may or may not have copied the design for his machine from Singer... but we'll let that shady piece of information slide for now because I just can't resist the Clooneyesque swoop of his bangs. One of his models briefly carried the name "Improved Common Sense Machine" which is deliciously... um... delicious. His trademark was a beaver, a "WILD beaver"... so, y'know, jump to your own conclusions with that tidbit. (That beaver trademark by the way, is suspiciously like another modern, Canadian trademark I can think of... I've got my eye on you Roots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment