Thursday, February 18, 2010

spirograph offer

After living apart for five years, I've been reunited with my super-spirograph set! What a throw-back to childhood. Hours spent spiro-doodling. It's so satisfying even now. Actually, sometimes it's frustrating because your pen doesn't work well or your hand slips and you ruin the creation - but when it's good, it's so good. You remember right?

Here's the deal:

If you send me a real, snail-mail postcard*, I'll send you some kind of spiro-creation back in the mail. Let's do it. Let's be "mail friends" (in the old days I think they called them "pen pals"). Com'on, give me an excuse to use this thing!

(*If you're interested, contact me through the comments and we'll do the address thing... unless you already have my address, then just surprise me with a postcard!)


By the way, this set isn't my childhood set. I got it some years ago at a thrift store. Below is a sheet of spiros that was left in the set from the original owner. "Judy" appears to have been a master of the craft, a a real pro...


Here are some things I made while mindlessly watching/listening to the olympics. Clearly I'm an amateur compared to Judy. Her lines are so fine, her pen never bleeds, she had a gentle touch. I'm a "digger" (it's true, in everything I do I'm hard on the equipment...)


6 comments:

  1. me!!!!!! Sean Kennedy, that is. Facebook me yer address. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this. How do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rho,
    Please send me your address!
    Cheers,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, I'll make a card NOW - you send your address.FB or email if you have it. Beerta

    ReplyDelete