Thursday, April 5, 2012

drawing experiments

A few new drawing-things. Experimenting with drawing on different backgrounds... not totally successful but kinda fun...

I found this old beach scene (from Trinidad) in a thrift store in Montreal. It was in a sloppy old frame. I was thinking about re-framing it and when I pulled it apart a 3-way photo of the young lad (below) fell out!

Due to my lack of wall-space and the amount of water damage to both images, I decided to play around with them instead of hanging them up. 

I drew a Sailor-Jerry-esque hula girl on the beach scene (I'm having a really hard time drawing leaves in a pleasing shape. I hate these ones): 


I surrounded the young man with tattoo-flash that I thought his bad-ass-inner-self might like:


I was charmed by what "Ian" wrote on the back of the photos (another reason I didn't want to put it in a frame where I couldn't see it anymore...)

"To Pop from Ian
May '43  St. Ridley, Canada
I don't think much of the middle one."


Oh! I also updated my florescent cowboy. I didn't really like the script so I added some florescent duct tape and a new "Howdy". I want to paint his cheeks florescent pink too but I find myself plum out of flor pink paint! Imagine that!



Off on Easter-weekend-travels! See y'all later!
Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment