Thursday, February 9, 2012

"catchy title"


I didn't know this was Mental Health Awareness Week when I posted my "List" (the last post). I've been slightly uncomfortable about leaving it up these past few days, like I committed a major over-share... but now I'm considering it my small contribution to raising awareness about Depression. I'm not going any further into the topic right now though - except to say that the sun has been shining the past few days (literally) and this has helped brighten my mood. Talking, going outside, getting exercise, taking small steps...

Sidenote, Clara Hughes is awesome. 

Anyway, here is an "alchemical" painting I had started a few days ago and is as "done" as it's going to get. It's about Putrefication but isn't (personally or metaphorically) as ominous as it sounds or looks. It's another in the "In-Betweener" series.



Next, a little framing project I just did yesterday. Some nice signage/type and a trip down memory lane... 

These are all old pictures (6-8 years old from when I still used my non-digital-point-n-click). I found them in an old tin. 

Except for the "State Theater" marquee (which was in Michigan, taken on my honeymoon) they are all from Nova Scotia (mostly Truro) and we (my husband and me) actually stayed in 3 of the 4 motels. The 4th was on the way to a friend's hunt camp - where the old stove with "Merit" was found. 

I think I will let the Husbo take it to work to hang in his rather bare-walled office... since Nova Scotia is where all his higher-higher-education happened... which is why he is now in the bare-walled office...

A nice touch that you probably can't see in these photos of photos is that the State marquee was featuring "Spellbound" and "Together" while the Acadia was showing something called "Wilby Wonderful". This made for a serendipitous, romantic statement: 

"Spellbound, together we'll be wonderful." 

(awwww...)





Lastly, since I had the framing stuff out anyway, I matted this little poem-thing that came out of a cool, old frame that I wanted for another use. Something to hang up when guests come by.



I'm getting pretty handy with the mat-cutter and sprucing up old frames. Maybe I should hire myself out as a discount framer...


Thanks for checking this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment