Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Folky Flowers

Whoa. WTF? Blogger is TOTALLY different alladasudden!! This will take some getting used to...

Anyway, just throwing up a little painting my brain threw up about a week ago - inspired by looking at a bunch of Pennsylvania Dutch "Fraktur" paintings. I seem to go back and drink from that well quite a bit...

I drew and inked the lines of this at a painting night with a friend. I did the colouring while in transit last week. To make it fit better in the little book I've been compiling, I cut it out and stuck it on another sheet. 

It's been a looooong time since I let my pencil just wander around without a plan like I did here. It was a nice little journey.



Here's what it was like without colour - which I like. I wish I'd done a scan of it at this stage and could try different colours in the computer... ah well. It's in the can now (not the garbage can... just "finished").



And just for fun, here's an Amund Dietzel fish from my sketch book. 






Thanks for checking it out!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment