Tuesday, December 6, 2011

deck the walls

My "hall" (hallway) is pretty dark and and narrow so I decked my walls instead... mostly over the Sideboard/Hutch (which I haven't changed up in quite awhile - so it was overdue for a new look).


This is my favourite, vintage ornament.
I use to have some others but they are so fragile...



Not going to be around these parts for most of the holidays - so I decorated my Aloe plant instead of killing a tree...



Stockings hung with care. Someone made Husbo's when he was little. I made mine about 7 years ago to sort of match his...



The big "B" + Santa = "be santa"...

The framed calligraphy I just picked up about a week ago from a thrift store. It took a LONG time of me staring dumbly to figure out what it said... but once I did I thought it was the perfect thing to put up for the festive season. Also, it is hand-lettered by some patient soul and that's the kind of thing I find hard to pass up at thrift stores... Can you read it?

The little ceramic Santa is an old one from Husbo's Granny...

I love my oblong, vintage, glass ornaments but having no tree I had to display them differently...



Festival flags purchased in San Antonio, plus little nativity scenes (one in a gourd) that I got in Peru (though you can find them all over the place...)



That's pretty much it for the decking of this place.. there are few other little things but I kept it pretty low-key this year.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment