Tuesday, December 7, 2010

last life drawing session (back in january)

A few excerpts from last night's life-drawing session (the last before the holidays).

Yesterday I felt like everything was wrong with my drawing but today I feel a bit better about it... I'm glad I'm at least trying...

I forget whether this was a one or two minute gesture.


Tried to draw with some weird charcoal pencil I had in my stash of supplies. I think this was 25 minutes. I like the floaty shape.
The people next to me said it looked like Stephen Harper (the model did NOT look like Stephen Harper - except for maybe his hair...) which makes me laugh when I look at it now.


This was a 30 minutes section of a 50 minute pose (I ditched the first attempt). I managed to avoid excessively-small-head-syndrome with this one! (You're probably wondering if his head was extremely large in real life to allow me to draw it normal-sized... well, it was "large-ish" but not freakishly so.)


A nice thing about living in a city with a university Fine Arts program is that you find lots of cool art books at the thrift store! I found a book of Paul Davies' Portraits the other day. A few of them stopped me in my tracks.

I really like this one. It's a Russian poet whose name I didn't recognize and can't remember off the top pf my head. The photo doesn't do it justice.




No comments:

Post a Comment