Thursday, May 17, 2012

shane swift, framed

(Reminder: you can click on the pictures to see them bigger!)

This evening's project: framing a painting I recently bought from Shane Swift - a gentleman I know of through tumblr: http://swiftdeathhorseclub.tumblr.com/.

I've admired his folky paintings (and his dedication to doing them) for awhile now so it was finally time to get one... it's rare that I feel like I have the money to splurge on such things but it was worth it. My only regret is that he didn't sign it. 

I put it in a frame that I found in the basement of my building. I found it at the same time that I found the Laurence Hyde print that I mentioned in this post. The frame seems to be quite old, judging by the wooden backing and the old nails holding it in. The print it housed is a reproduction of a Corot and it appears to have possibly come from the gift shop of the Lourve... or else I don't know what to make of the piece of cardboard that was stuck on the back. (The print is on really thick cardstock. It's quite nice actually but I was tired of looking at it and the frame seemed to suit this painting nicely.)




I even bought a colour-coordinated mat to pick up some of the brown in the painting and double-matted the sucker! (There's a first time for everything!)


Ta Daa!!

Oh wait... frickin' cat...


Ok.

Here we go:


Thanks for looking....
(And Shane, if you read this, keep up the good work! Thanks!)


No comments:

Post a Comment