Tuesday, May 11, 2010

home maker

When I'm not doing illustrations, I'm often busy being a "home-maker"... here are a couple recent household projects:

Exhibit 1: Learning embroidery skills

I'm using this old, polka-dotted bed sheet as an "embroidery sampler" - a different technique or thread in every dot. The theme will be "stuff I like". The first dot is chain stitch and celebrates one of my favourite words, "fuck". I've been in a shitty, stressy mood lately so stitching this word was cathartic. When enough dots are finished, I'll sew on a backing and make a little quilt out of it.


Exhibit 2: Clocksmithing

I ripped the cool, flippy-dial innards out of a very old clock-radio whose radio bits didn't work anymore. After re-attaching the wires, the clock still works fine and looks flippin' cool. I put the glass cheese-dome over top to keep the dust off.



No comments:

Post a Comment