Monday, November 29, 2010

Life Drawing Catch-Up Part 2: Various Views of 3 More Ladies

I have this one hanging up because I like it a lot and sometimes I can't believe I drew it... though she is much curvier on paper than she was in real life.


Same lady. Longer pose (maybe 35 mins?) Hard to photograph this one due to the pencil drawing. It's cooler in real life. But I like that I got her face to look pretty. Faces, hands, and feet of course are the hardest for me to pull off... which is why I often focus on them to the exclusion of the rest of the body.


Different week, different lady. 10 minutes but it was going well and I really wish it had been longer. I'm a painfully slow drawer - I look around the room and other people will have drawn whole bodies, classically beautiful and delicate. Meanwhile I'll only have a few heavy-handed scratches down...


Close-up face in a 40 minutes drawing.


Small head. My heads are always so small... am I over-compensating for my own very large head? Is it because I minimize the importance of the brain? Because I only possess a dinosaur-like-pea-brain myself?

She looks like a giantess here but in real life she was very very small.


Next lady, from last week.

My favourite-though-headless gesture of the night:


A 10-minute Rubens (she didn't have a perfectly flat head. That is just where my paper ended due to previous pages being flipped over the top of pad of newsprint) :






No comments:

Post a Comment