Monday, April 19, 2010

Witnessed #1: Morning Dog-walkers

A quick drawing of something I witnessed while walking along the river this morning...

The Walkers-of-Deminutive-Dogs-Club (Guelph Chapter) meets twice daily, morning and evening, at the Silvercreek Park. Though the only prerequisites for membership are ownership of a smallish dog and the willingness to walk it, there is an unspoken "club culture" to adhere to. Today the group was forced to entertain an unexpected guest...

(It's not a real club of course but this is pretty much the scene I witnessed... I "embellished" the speaker's t-shirt but I think it is safe to assume it was a beer shirt...)

Note: Dog-walkers look at you very strangely if you go for a walk along the river at 7:30am and don't meet one of the following criteria:

a) you have a dog
b) you look like you are headed to work
c) you are jogging or speed-walking for exercise

I guess early-morning-river-strolling-for-no-particular-reason is just not socially acceptable these days. Everyone looked at me like I going to mug them... maybe it was the bedhead. Muggers always have extreme bedhead.

2 comments:

  1. Hell no I wouldn't trust you...you MUST be a ne'r do well.

    I think it's clear you need a dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog, Anfield, always barks at the people who walk in the dog park who don't have a dog. He thinks it's illegal to be in a dog park sans dog.

    ReplyDelete