Saturday, March 13, 2010

woot woot


The "Double-Woot" is a new non-standard multi-lingual punctuation mark that I invented recently to help society meet all it's double-wooting needs. (woot woot!!!)

The Double-Woot looks like a "W" with an umlaut underneath. It's purpose is to replace banging out all eight letters, one space and whatever number of exclamation marks one normally deems necessary when exclaiming "woot woot!!!!!" in moments of great typing-excitement. The "w" in the design represents "woot" of course but the uprights of the letter, when combined with the dots of the umlaut are also like four, stuck-together exclamation marks (this is more apparent in the "classic style"). Meanwhile the "dots" also represent the Os in "woot". I toyed with hanging a "t" off the end somewhere but the Ws and Os capture the essence of "woot" strongly enough.

I personally write "woot woot" a lot in emails. It's a word habit I picked up from my friend Sonya many years ago and it's never gone away. Typing the double woots on a keyboard is fast and easy but since I joined the 21st century and got myself a cellular device, I've found the 8 letters, 1 space, and several exclamation marks tedious and annoying (my cell phone is from 7-11 and doesn't have auto-complete). Therefore, I invented the Double-Woot. I might be the only person in the world who needs it.

2 comments:

  1. since seeing this last night i have to say this would make a fantastic birthday or congratulatory card!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you're hilarious
    I have one for you too.
    You know how people sometimes try to soften the blow of a questionable comment with 'lol'
    (as in: your dress looks like crap. lol)
    I think we might try being a little more honest and writing lul after those kinds of comments. It can also be demonstrated by this symbol 8-
    What do you think?
    Beerta
    (Mike and I concocted :) that on a 'slow' painting day at Baxter Labs)

    ReplyDelete